- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety names three INFINITI vehicles in its 2018 Recommended Used Vehicles for Teens report
- Two models, the INFINITI Q50 and INFINITI M37/Q70, are rated Best Choices
- Each of the IIHS-listed vehicles features Electronic Stability Control
NASHVILLE, TENN. – The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has ranked three INFINITI models as top choices in its 2018 list of recommended vehicles for teens. With this distinction, INFINITI continues to receive high marks for safety as well as used car choices.
Teen drivers are at greater risk on the road and, results show, midsize cars tend to be better suited as a first set of wheels. The IIHS annual list includes vehicles that meet important safety criteria for teen drivers, including low horsepower, more weight and standard Electronic Stability Control, which helps keep the vehicle in the driver's intended direction. Prices on this year's list range from about $2,000 to nearly $20,000, so parents can buy the most safety for their money, whatever their budget.
The IIHS top-rated INFINITI vehicles include:
- INFINITI Q50 – INFINITI's sports sedan offers a luxurious drive with a grounded feel. While IIHS considers 2014 and newer models as part of its list, this vehicle is still in production and continues to improve each year. The 2019 Q50 comes standard with Predictive Forward Collision Warning and Forward Emergency Braking, as well as a variety of available driver assist technologies.
- INFINITI M37/Q70 (2013 and newer) – The Q70, INFINITI's flagship sedan, features LED lights and advanced technologies, such as Backup Collision Intervention. The latest Q70 comes equipped with Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection as standard.
- INFINITI EX (2008-2013) – The INFINITI EX was one of the brand's first crossovers and has an exceptionally sporty drive for its size. It boasts a uniquely personal style, combining a right-sized sculpted exterior, a rewarding interior environment and, on certain EX models, a suite of available advanced technology features ranging from Around View Monitor to Distance Control Assist.
More information on the IIHS Recommended Used Vehicles for Teens report can be found at www.iihs.org.
INFINITI Motor Company Ltd. is headquartered in Hong Kong with representations in 50 markets around the world. The INFINITI brand was launched in 1989. Its range of luxury automobiles is currently built in manufacturing facilities in Japan, North America, United Kingdom and China. INFINITI design studios are located in Atsugi-Shi near Yokohama, London, San Diego and Beijing. INFINITI will electrify its entire lineup from 2021 onward. The brand has been widely acclaimed for its industry-leading client services, ranking #1 in customer satisfaction with Dealer Service among Luxury Brands by J.D. Power and being a most trusted luxury brand according to AMCI, as well as its world's first driver assistance technologies and daring designs. From the 2016 season, INFINITI is a technical partner of the Renault Sport Formula One team, contributing its expertise in hybrid performance.
Find more information about INFINITI, its industry leading technologies and the all-new 2019 QX50 midsize luxury crossover at www.infinitiusa.com. You can also follow INFINITI USA on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and see all our latest videos on YouTube.
# # #
Senior Manager, INFINITI Product and Brand Communications
Media Relations Manager, East Region